97 Academy St
PO Box 309
Mexico, NY 13114
Regular Business Hours: Monday – Friday 6:30 am to 2:30 pm
In case of emergency that is after hours there will be a $125 service charge.
NEW WATER RATES FOR THE VILLAGE :
Effective: September 1, 2021
For Inside Village users:
Rates shall be increased from:
$3.00 per 1,000 gallons used to $3.50 per 1,000 gallons used
For Outside Village users:
Rates shall be increased from:
$4.45 per 1,000 gallons used to $4.95 per 1,000 gallons used
From our Water Department on water conservation:
Although our system has an adequate amount of water to meet present and future demands, there are a number of reasons why it is important to conserve water:
- Saving water saves energy and some of the costs associated with both of these necessities of life.
- Saving water reduces the cost of energy required to pump water and the need to construct costly new wells, pumping systems and water towers; and
- Saving water lessens the strain on the water system during a dry spell or drought, helping to avoid severe water use restrictions so that essential firefighting needs are met.
You can play a role in conserving water by becoming conscious of the amount of water your household is using, and by looking for ways to use less whenever you can. It is not hard to conserve water. Conservation tips include:
- Automatic dishwashers use 15 gallons for every cycle, regardless of how many dishes are loaded. So, get a run for your money and load it to capacity.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Check every faucet in your home for leaks. Just a slow drip can waste 15 to 20 gallons a day. Fix it up and you can save almost 6,000 gallons per year.
- Check your toilets for leaks by putting a few drops of food coloring in the tank, watch for a few minutes to see if the color shows up in the bowl. It is not uncommon to lose up to 100 gallons a day from one of these otherwise invisible toilet leaks. Fix it and you save more than 30,000 gallons.
TO SELECTED VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS WHO RECEIVED LETTERS:
The Village of Mexico will be completing a $7,000,000 municipal water system upgrade and your property has been identified to be part of the project.
As you can imagine there is a great deal of engineering, planning and information gathering that is required to complete a project of this complexity.
Over the course of the next few weeks teams of representatives from BCA Architects & Engineers and Village DPW employees will be visiting each and every property within the project area. The purpose of this visit is to conduct a “basement survey”. This information is utilized to complete a thorough project scope which will help keep the project on budget and on schedule.
In certain instances, an easement may be necessary to complete the construction phase of the project. If this is the case with your property, we ask that you please review and execute the easement as promptly as possible so that construction can start on schedule.
Some will ask “How does this benefit me and my family?”
- YOU WILL GET A NEW WATER SERVICE TO YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
- NEW WATER TANK WITH INCREASED CAPACITY
- IMPROVED SYSTEM RELIABILITY
- IMPROVED WATER QUALITY
- IMPROVED FIRE PROTECTION
The Mayor, Village Board of Trustees and the Department of Public Works would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely, Mayor Grimshaw and
Village Board of Trustees