Town Clerk / Deputy Town Clerk

Town Clerk
Town ClerkNicole Wild
phone: 315-963-7633
fax: 315-963-8806
Deputy Town Clerk
Deputy Town ClerkDebra Hunsberger
phone: 315-963-7633
fax: 315-963-8806




Monday                     11am – 6pm
Tuesday                     11am – 4pm
Wednesday               11am – 4pm
Thursday                   11am – 4pm
Friday                         closed

*The Town Clerk opens one hour earlier (10am) during Tax Season, which is January 1-March 31.


The office will be CLOSED for the following Holidays for 2023.

MONDAY December 26*2022 Christmas Day (observed)
MONDAY January 2*New Year’s Day (observed)
MONDAY January 16 Martin Luther King Jr. birthday
MONDAY February 20 Presidents’ Day
MONDAY May 29 Memorial Day
MONDAY June 19 Juneteenth National Independence Day
MONDAY & TUESDAY July 3 & 4 Independence Day
MONDAY September 4 Labor Day
MONDAY October 9 Columbus Day
THURSDAY November 23 Thanksgiving Day
MONDAY December 25 Christmas Day

*Credit Card & E-Check Payments
We offer a payment option by credit card as a convenience to our residents.  Unfortunately, due to processing fees which are beyond our control, there is a $1.75 or 3% processing fee for all credit card transactions (whichever is higher) and a flat $2.50 processing fee for all e-check payments.  This fee is not determined by the town nor is it revenue for the town.



The Town Clerk’s Office can assist with the following:

Notary Public:
The Town Clerk provides notary services to the public.

Tax Collector:
The Town Clerk collects town and county property taxes.  Tax bills are mailed out at the end of December and can be accepted in the Town Office, penalty-free, from December 31st until January 31st.  Tax bills paid after January 31st are subject to penalties.  The Town Office cannot collect tax payments after March 31st.  Our office does not bill nor collect school taxes.

Click Here to Pay Property Taxes Online – Tax Glance

To pay taxes by credit card* or e-check* online please click the above Tax Glance link.

Water Bills:
The Town Clerk collects payments for town water bills only (blue postcards). Town water is billed quarterly during the months of February, May, August, and November. Payments may be made in person via cash, check, or credit card*. Check payments may be sent by mail or dropped in our secure drop box located directly outside the Town Office main entrance. Cash payments may also be dropped in our secure drop box. Credit/debit card* payments may be made online.


Dog Licenses:
New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets requires that all dogs over the age of 4 months be licensed. To obtain a dog license, the owner must provide the Town Clerk with veterinary documentation of a current rabies vaccination and, if the dog has been spayed or neutered the fee is $6.00 and the fee for non-spayed/non-neutered dogs is $18.00. If your dog's rabies vaccination certificate is up to date, you may renew your dog license online. Please email new rabies vaccination certificates to the Town Clerk prior to attempting online renewal.

Click Here to Renew Dog License Online

Marriage Licenses:
A New York State marriage license can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s office. Both parties must apply in person and provide appropriate proof of age in the form of a birth certificate (with a raised seal), and proof of identity in the form of a Driver’s License or Passport. If it is not the first marriage, applicants must present certified documents of the dissolution of any previous marriages (i.e.-divorce decree, death certificate). There is a 24-hour waiting period. The license is good for 60 days. The license fee is $40, payable by cash, check, or credit card*.  Please call the Town Office to schedule an appointment to obtain a marriage license.

Registrar of Vital Statistics:

Birth and Death Certificates are filed with the Registrar of Vital Statistics for the Town of Mexico only if the birth or death occurred within the town limits. If the birth or death occurred within the Village of Mexico limits, those records are house at the Village Office. Certified copies of Birth and Death records are $10 each. Contact our office for more information regarding who is eligible to receive a copy of these records and how to apply.

Marriage Certificates & Transcripts are filed with the NYS Department of Health and can be obtained there or from the Town Office where you originally applied for your marriage license. Certified copies of Marriage Certificates may be obtained from the Town Clerk only if the original marriage license was issued from the Mexico Town Clerk’s Office. An application for copies of your Marriage Certificate must be submitted along with valid photo identification (OR a notarized letter of request if requesting by mail) and $10 per copy, payable by cash, check, or credit card* to the Town of Mexico.

Genealogical Searches may be conducted by filling out this application and submitting the appropriate fee payable to the Town of Mexico. Genealogical searches are time consuming and can be very tedious given the state of certain documents, which means they have a much longer turnaround time. We ask that you please give three months to receive either your document or a letter stating that we do not have the record on file in our office. Please contact our office for more information or if you have any questions about the application/fee.

Fees for vital records (birth, death, marriage, genealogical searches) are non-refundable. You will receive either the record you requested or a letter certifying that we do not have the record on file in our office.

Hunting/Fishing/Trapping Licenses:
The Town Clerk issues hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses under the authority of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Fishing licenses are valid for 1 calendar year. All other licenses are valid September 1 through August 30, with new licenses for the following year typically becoming available for purchase in mid-August. Fees vary and are payable by cash, check, or credit card*.

Disabled Parking Permits:
To obtain a disabled parking permit, your physician must complete form MV-664.1. Return the form to the Town Clerk along with your driver’s license. There is no charge for disabled parking permits.  Town residents only.  Village residents must go to the village office.  Click here for instructions and printable forms available at the DMV.

Racing & Wagering Licenses:
To obtain a license for Games of Chance or Bingo, an organization must obtain a New York State registration number from New York State Racing & Wagering and file the appropriate application forms in triplicate with the Town Clerk.

Records Management Officer:
The Town Clerk is the Records Management Officer and serves as the custodian of all public records for the Town including minutes for all meetings, filing created resolutions, Town Ordinances and Local Laws, Town Oaths of Office, proofs of publication and posting of legal notices, vital statistics, resignations and the official bulletin board. Copies of minutes of Town Board meetings are available in the Town Clerk’s Office for a fee of $.25 per page. There is no fee for copies of the current Town Budget. Local Laws are also available. Some meeting minutes are available on this website.

Freedom of Information Law:
Freedoms of Information requests are made to the Town Clerk. All applicants will receive a response within five business days. If additional time is required to fulfill the request, the applicant will be supplied with an estimated date of availability. If the request is denied, the applicant will be supplied with a written explanation of the reason(s), and information regarding the appeals process. There is a fee of $.25 per page for hard copies.